Author Topic: upper silver lake cottages - Association fees?  (Read 836 times)

Offline jeeperstrudie

• View Profile
upper silver lake cottages - Association fees?
« on: July 23, 2012, 01:40:46 PM »
Just a general questions....we're looking for a place around Silver lake,  Is there an association fee for places on Upper Silver lake or places that have deeded access to upper silver lake?  If so what is the cost and what does it take care of?  I've been trying to find this out with no luck.

Thanks...

Offline BLU-BY-U-II

• SPONSOR/VIP
  • Eaton Rapids Mi.
    • View Profile
Re: upper silver lake cottages - Association fees?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 02:05:39 PM »
Yes there is an UpperSilverLake assn..It includes all property's on the lake and all adjoining roads that have lake access to,,I think the dues are around 100 dollars a year and unless your rite on the lake they wont do shit for ya..We tried and tried to get them to do something about a real eye sore in back of my place and they wouldnt do anything about it,,but if that place would of been lake front,,you can bet your sweet booty it would of gotten some action in a hurry,,I think its a bunch of bull, and most people Ive talked to have said the same thing and would luv to be excluded from it..

Offline jeeperstrudie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 02:13:09 PM »
Thanks I appreciate the information....

Offline jimmyd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 07:02:20 PM »
The regular dues are $100 per year, we are currently in year 3 of a $1000.00 special assesment over a 4 year period. So next year there will still be a additional $250.00

Offline jeeperstrudie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 07:05:11 PM »
oh wow...that's great information to have, wasn't aware of that, so it's $350.00 this year if they fee hasn't been paid yet and then $350.00 next year?

Offline Jeff B

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 07:11:33 PM »
All association fees vary... Mine are $90 we have "lake acess" to silver,but the main thing I like is having the pool.

Offline bongo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 08:02:42 PM »
Oceana  beaches is one of the forum sponsors ( Joe Hays ) they sell houses and property around silver lake

Offline jimmyd

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 09:04:09 PM »
Yes it is $350.00 this year and next, this is to cover the current dredging going on and some funds for dam maintenence, There are a lot of nice places currently for sale on the East side, White Birch St. Upper Silver lake is pretty nice it can get busy Sat and Sunday for boating, West side has more traffic and dune noise, East side has less dune noise but the sun shines in the windows durring the evening. We are on the East side, back lot not on the water, I love our location, been there 19 years.

Offline jeeperstrudie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 09:41:27 PM »
thanks for the info, were looking at coming up this weekend to check out a couple different spots.  Don't necessarily have to be on upper Silver lake but want to be close to water of some sort.

Offline miatv

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2012, 09:03:55 AM »
The regular dues are $100 per year, we are currently in year 3 of a $1000.00 special assesment over a 4 year period. So next year there will still be a additional $250.00

This is true. Also the regular taxes are pretty high. I'm not on the water and i think i pay to much. But what do you do?

Offline swampjeep

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2012, 03:46:46 PM »
like others said, there is a $100 assoc fee, plus the special assessment of $250 for 4 years to pay for the dam rebuild.
The $100 is for general care of the lake and upkeep of the 10 out lots we have access to,
I never thought it was for anything but that,

Offline jeeperstrudie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2012, 07:48:33 PM »
Thanks Swampjeep, your place isn't for sale anymore is it?

Jeeperstrudie

Offline swampjeep

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2012, 01:34:39 PM »
nope, not for sale any more

Offline Duneaholic

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2012, 08:17:29 PM »
I live on Seapine and would do anything to be able to remove my self from the Upper Sliver Lake Association. I have no need to  be on over crowded upper sliver lake nor do i need to use any of the out lots. The only people that really benefit from this are those with direct lake access. They use the money from the hundreds of lots that are not on the lake to help pay for the lake up keep that benefits them. Each time i have used one of the outlets the home owners next to the out lot treat me like a red headed step child. They need to stop and think who really pays the bulk of the money.

Offline BLU-BY-U-II

• SPONSOR/VIP
  • Eaton Rapids Mi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2012, 11:45:55 PM »
I live on Seapine and would do anything to be able to remove my self from the Upper Sliver Lake Association. I have no need to  be on over crowded upper sliver lake nor do i need to use any of the out lots. The only people that really benefit from this are those with direct lake access. They use the money from the hundreds of lots that are not on the lake to help pay for the lake up keep that benefits them. Each time i have used one of the outlets the home owners next to the out lot treat me like a red headed step child. They need to stop and think who really pays the bulk of the money.
BUT,,,,You ARE the RED HEADED STEP Child,, :grinnod:

Offline Sand Shark

• VIP
  • JUST DUNE IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2012, 11:55:12 PM »
The "association" only cares for the people on the lake front, that is painfully obvious. I don't know if there is any way out of it but I would look into it. They ignore the the "outlot" people and don't enforce the bylaws. Even when a situation is called to their attention with pictures, they still ignore it. I would think you might have a case against them and maybe a way out, just a thought...

Offline shanty town girl

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2012, 12:40:33 PM »

I agree wtih you to...we are part of "upper silver lake"..........not that anyone would guess....we are FAR from the water!!!