Author Topic: Memorial Day 2013: Notice regarding morning line up from Oceana County Sheriff  (Read 1505 times)

Offline Oceana County Sheriff

• View Profile
    • Oceana County Sheriff's Office
The Oceana County Sheriff's Office will again be providing dedicated patrols for the dune line as done in the past.  Over the past several years there has been a growing problem with people and vehicles beginning to line up prior to the posted 6:30 AM parking allotment. Golden Township established these parking restrictions for several reasons. 

Directed patrols will begin earlier in the day to curb this increasing problem.  Please be advised that vehicles found parked in the dune voucher line area prior to 6:30 AM will be subject to citation and/or impound at the owners expense.  This will be done to provide everyone with an equal opportunity to begin parking at the approved time.

Please see the attached notice released by Oceana County Sheriff, Robert Farber.

We wish everyone a safe and enjoyable holiday weekend.
The Oceana County Sheriff's Office will use this profile for the sole purpose of publishing information regarding the Silver Lake Area.  Any questions or comments can be directed to the Oceana County Sheriff's Office during normal business hours.  231-873-2121

Offline 98pickemup

• DUNE READY
    • View Profile
Well first off...That's cool that OCS would post this information on here...good to know for the dune bound this holiday weekend.
And second...That is also cool that there will be more of a fair shot at getting into the dunes. (Just my initial thoughts).
03 Chevy HD Crew Cab - 1BIG HD

Offline lefty

• View Profile
thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

Offline Hoover

• VIP
    • View Profile
Thanks for posting as long as nothing happens to pull these guys away I think this will be good

Whitehill 2 seater 2400 (Sold)
2004 Berrien rail VW 2020 4 seater ( Sold )
96 Mach 1 Sled ( For Sale ) Make an offer
96 Stratos 150 HP Evinrude
2007 Dodge 1500 Hemi
2012 RZR 4 XP

Offline dunebound

• Administrator
  • Ray, Jackie, Izabelle, Avery
    • View Profile
 :thumbsup: Nice to see the sheriff posting on here, there have been many times that I have shown up at 6:15ish and there were already 50-75 trucks in line, if it is enforced until 6:30 it will sure make things more equal for all.

Offline willybad

• Administrator
    • View Profile
thankyou for posting !this is a great way to be proactive.hope to hear more from you in the future.

Offline 302sandrail

• View Profile
Very cool; Thank you!

Offline dunedigger

• VIP
    • View Profile
A lot more people read the forum than post on it.  Information also seems to pass along well using the forum.  Glad to see you join and hope to see more posting in the future.  Thanks.

"Roads, where we're going we don't need roads."

Offline BLU-BY-U-II

• SPONSOR/VIP
  • Eaton Rapids Mi.
    • View Profile
Thats awwsome to have you here with this info,,Thank you very much..

Offline BigWhitie

• View Profile
Its nice to see this info from the sherriff, but as we try to wait for the 6:30 line up time we see every one starting to line up at 6... I watched one officer try to move a suburban and he clearly looked at him with the look of, make me... so patrols didn't really help much!!

Online Sand Shark

• VIP
  • JUST DUNE IT!
    • View Profile
Its nice to see this info from the sherriff, but as we try to wait for the 6:30 line up time we see every one starting to line up at 6... I watched one officer try to move a suburban and he clearly looked at him with the look of, make me... so patrols didn't really help much!!
I guess if he didn't move, he would have gotten a ticket and/or towed. The sign quite clearly reads 6:30. This only happens on holiday weekends but sadly there are those who feel they are above the law.   :dunno:

Offline md perf

• VIP
  • Fritz the cat
    • View Profile
good to see Sheriff involvment on the forum!!!!

:thumbsup:
They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time

Offline c.miller

• VIP
    • View Profile
That went well......not. Saw an officer telling a guy to move or else. If they are going to make the threat they need to write the ticket and show they are serious.
Spectrum Shockwave- Supercharged 5.3
02 Superduty CC 7.3

Offline sandfab

• SPONSOR/VIP
  • gas pedal stuck wide open all the time
    • View Profile
personally I would like to thank the sheriffs department for coming here to give the warning, when in reality they really did not have to do that considering there are already signs stating the law on parking times lining the road. so thank you  :thumbsup: lets also not forget they did not make this law it is simply there duty to attempt to enforce it, lastly they did not create the mess that transpired this morning but rather they were the ones left to try and sort it out and keep things going to the best of their ability! 
throwing sand is just to much fun!!!

Offline BigWhitie

• View Profile
personally I would like to thank the sheriffs department for coming here to give the warning, when in reality they really did not have to do that considering there are already signs stating the law on parking times lining the road. so thank you  :thumbsup: lets also not forget they did not make this law it is simply there duty to attempt to enforce it, lastly they did not create the mess that transpired this morning but rather they were the ones left to try and sort it out and keep things going to the best of their ability! 
Very well said i agree. There was just to many people that was being disrespectful to police and disrespectful to the ones trying to obey the laws

Offline RCM3691

• SPONSOR/VIP
    • View Profile
Sounds like at least they were making an attempt. Good for them! Maybe for the 4th of July they need to bring a wrecker over and park it in front of the sign. First guy to pull up behind the wrecker before the 6:30am start is made an example. I bet there woudln't be a second!

Offline TrackerCasey

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • www.michiganwhitetails.net
Super cool of the Sheriff's office to do this!!

Offline mxzr2

• View Profile
If they want things to change, they should take down the license plate number from every vehicle that gets in line too early and don't allow them into the dune area for that day.  It would make quite a few people mad but how many people would follow the rules then.   >:D
2000 440ex     
1982 XR250r    1988 XR600r

Offline V-10 X

• View Profile
WOW! there really is a "Forum Police!"

Keep up the good work.
02 V-10 Excursion, 4.30`s, 285/75/16 GFG A/T`s, 5 Star tuner, SPD Y-pipe
towing a 35 foot 9200lb TT